-
February 2nd, 2001, 08:24 PM
#11
Inactive Member
(First post from the new machine)
Up to 50/50 water/methanol. The manufacturer of 'OJs' kit states on his website that the most popular water source is the windshield resevoir, and that washer solution is mostly Methanol, with a little soap, and (according to his site) is safe to inject.
www.aquamist.co.uk from memory.
Found a few good sites that swear by it while searching google.com
I dont *think* it will kill the rubber in the intake, as it should be in a very dilute vapour by then, and the crankcase vapour pipe only flows crankcase vapours in to the manifold.
Make your own minds up, I'd better leave this subject; I'm starting to sound like I'm on comission...
-
February 2nd, 2001, 09:01 PM
#12
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonnyballs:
FYI:
2) Replace all rubber seals with seals made of a different material (I forgot the name...can get it if you'd like)
It's only a small amount of alky in use in a water injection system, but you've got fuel injector seals, the PCV hose, etc.
Something to consider...
Sonny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe they replaced the seals were made of Kalrez material. I work at a natural gas plant and they use Kalrez but it's extremely expensive.
I'd have to agree that installing meth would be a dangerous and stupid move.
-
February 2nd, 2001, 09:52 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Why would it be "stupid" ???
I cant see your logic, in saying that methanol injection between say 150cc water/ 150cc methanol to 300 cubic feet of air, at max boost, to none at part boost/ vacuum is stupid. I would say injecting a far more volatile compound into the engine would be stupid, perhaps one which is explosive and carcinogenic like Benzene ???
What is the main constituant of 'Alcool' fuel used in Brazil?
I dunno, maybe the earth is flat after all...
-
February 2nd, 2001, 11:02 PM
#14
Inactive Member
The material I was referring to earlier is called "Viton". My buddy said that he always had good luck with that material when replacing rubber parts that come in contact with methanol. He said that most rubber hoses designed to handle fuel/fuel vapor are designed with somethign called "Buna-N" that softens and swells very easily when exposed to methanol.
Even at a 50/50 diluted mixture, I'd submerge the rubber in it for a few days to see if anything changes.
Sonny
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks